Sunday, December 27, 2009

From the Ellsworths

This is a comment that Todd and Janene gave in our Christmas Eve post. I just thought it would be good to post it. Thanks Todd and Janene!

Our family was not able to be there with all ofyou but I wanted to include some of my thoughts that I wrote down on Christmas Eve.

We love all of you so very much. Todd and Janene Ellsworth and Kids

Christmas Eve Thoughts 12.24.2009

This past year has given me many thoughts that I would like to share:

-Charity, the pure love of Christ.
-Humility, in knowing who has provided all of my many blessings.
-Forgiveness, for all the mistakes that I make in my life.
-Love, and being loved, in spite of my weaknesses, because it gives me the opportunity to be involved in the lives of others.
-Family, in all of their redeeming qualities and examples.
-Joy, in the little accomplishments that make life meaningful.
-Sorrow, in missed opprotunities to make the difference in the life of another.
-Kindness, in keeping love allive in the hearts of those I love.
-Strength, in knowing that doing well will always bring blessings to everyone around me.
-Faith, in knowing that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior of this earth, and our advocate with our father in heaven.
-Peace, in knowing a righteous example inspires other to raise their heads up and work to be better.
-Strength, in living a life worth living with all of the wonderful joys it brings.
-DIligence, in pursuing a worthy uplifting cause in spite of all of the evil that takes place around us.
-Perserverance, though the daily set backs and obstacles that face us each day of our lives.
-Intelligence, used righteously and wisely in the daily application of correct principles.
-Giving, because I am not the only one that is in need.
-Friends, the closest thing to family one can have through the bond of commitment, and compassion, and having the throughout my earth life and into the eternities.
-Service, being prepared and willing to give of my time, talents, and energy, even when it is inconvenient or ill timed.
-Prayer, to stay connected and focused to my Heavenly Father who is the source of all of my blessings.

"A Message from the First Presidency to the Children of the World: The Gift of Christmas.

Christmas is a happy time of year because we celebrate and honor the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God

While on the earth, Jesus lived a perfect life and set a perfect example for all of us to follow. He also made it possible for us to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father when we leave this life. He is our Savior and our Redeemer.

Jesus taight ustto love one another, He told us to love our neighbors as ourselves, to do unto others as we would want them to do to us, and to pray for and do good to everyone.

...Giving gifts has been a meaningful tradition ever since that first Christmas. The birth of Jesus Christ was a divine gift to all mankind. Shortly after He was born, Wise Men came from afar bringing gifts for the Christ Child.

Christmas gifts do not need to be purchased in stores. We can use our own special talents to make gifts for our families and friends, or we can offer gifts of service to others. Jesus said, "If ye love me , keep my commandments." (John 14:15) One of the most important gifts we can give this Christmas season is to do what He has asked of us."

(LDS.org - Friend Article - A Message from the First Presidency to the Children of the World: The Gift of Christmas, "December, 1986.)

No comments: